Friday, September 25, 2009

Finally a Focus



After compiling a great deal of research on my topic, I realized that I would need to narrow my focus significantly. There was no was I could cover a whole decade and make any kind of statement, so I decided to focus on the different forms of rebellion that the hippies asserted in the 1960s. This portion of the piece focuses on unity, silent protesting, agressive protesting, and asserting one's individuality. We have been working with several of these phrases for a while but the transitions are new and a piece of choreographpy is now beginning to develop from what used to be simple movement phrases. Other forms of rebellion that I plan to explore in future rehearsals include fighting for the right to breathe clean air, unorthodox relationships, and of course, the fight against the war in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment